For most retirees, travel is a big part of life. John is joined by travel consultant Kristin Staley to go over the eight common travel mistakes you should avoid!
Listen to the episode...
The Bass Lines:
Check Your Passport.
- [1:11] – You have to absolutely make sure the name on your passport matches the names on your reservations. Otherwise, you could cost yourself time and money. Also, be sure your passport hasn’t expired.
Check Your Flight Part 01.
- [2:52] – Verify you’re flying from and to the right airports. It’d be a shame to miss your trip to the Canary Islands (Airport Code ACE) and instead land in Yemen (Airport Code ADE).
Check Your Flight Part 02.
- [3:39] – Be sure you’re booking the correct date.
Don’t Travel Without Insurance.
- [5:29] – This is a controversial subject, but if your vacation experiences complications or cancellations at the last minute, you don’t want to lose money. Pay attention to what you’re buying. Buying the wrong type of insurance won’t help to assuage your already ruffled feathers.
The Cheapest Option Isn’t Always The Best.
- [7:31] – In fact, the cheapest option is rarely the best. After all, nobody wants to stay in a roach motel.
- [8:39] – Otherwise, you’ll spend all of your time traveling between destinations.
Don’t Bite Off More Than You Can Chew.
- [10:04] – If you try to do too much on your vacation, you won’t enjoy it.
Don’t Believe What You See Online.
- [12:28] – As it turns out, the pictures don’t always accurately represent the place.
If you want to make the most of your experience, pay attention to the details, and plan accordingly. A little effort will go a long way toward creating long-lasting memories. - Mr. Stillman's Opus PodcastTweet This